Give the gift of your time and talents and help patients, visitors and staff at CHI Health St. Elizabeth by becoming a volunteer. St. Elizabeth volunteers are World Class. From teenagers to seniors—they make the day a little easier and brighter for patients, nurses, physicians, employees and visitors. Their cheerful and selfless presence reaches every corner of the hospital.
Those who enjoy personal contact can volunteer to escort visitors, visit patients, deliver flowers, assist patients and families in waiting rooms, or work at the Information Desk, Hospitality Room or Gift Shop. Others who prefer to work behind the scenes can volunteer to type, file, do data entry, help with shipping and receiving or assist with mailings. The opportunities are endless.
If you are interested in becoming a St. Elizabeth volunteer, we’ll find the right match for your talents, interests and schedule. You can join the team of 685 World Class volunteers and make a difference in someone’s life, possibly your own. You will gain valuable work experience, increase your sense of self-worth, meet people and make new friends and help those who really need you.
- For information on volunteer opportunities for teens, please email Lacy Helms at LHelms@stez.org or call 402-219-7115. Teen volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and have written permission from a parent or guardian.
- For information on volunteeer opportunities for adults or college students, please email Becky Wright at BWright@stez.org.
- You may reach Volunteer Services at 402-219-7111.
Student Job Shadowing Information
Our job shadowing program is designed for college students who have an interest in a health care career. Learn more.
New Volunteer Orientation
- CHI Health General Orientation
Please complete this education module. Print the last page of each training topic and deliver to Volunteer Services.
- St. Elizabeth Orientation
Please complete this education module and short quiz.
If you have difficulty accessing these documents online, copies of this orientation are available in Volunteer Services.
Current Volunteer Education
- Please complete the Annual Safety Review
- At the beginning of the quiz, be sure to type your name in the box or you will not receive credit
- You will receive 1.5 hours volunteer time for completing the quiz