2015 Spirit of Care Conference
Living Our Faith in Times of Change
Your comments and feedback are very important to us, as they allow us to improve future programs. Please complete the evaluation for the Spirit of Care Conference by May 25, 2015. Click here to begin.
Friday, May 8
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Rose & Franciscan Room
Nurses, Physicians, Social Workers, Case Managers, Chaplains, Care Navigators, Pharmacists and Healthcare Professionals.
Offer healthcare professionals an opportunity to reflect on how individuals can effectively continue to nurture their spirit and care for patients with faith, grace, purposeful compassion and commitment to common good at a time of significant transitional workplace change.
$30 • Breakfast and Lunch included
Deadline is May 4, 2015
Register online or call 402-219-7000
When a Death Occurs
When Illness Occurs
Factors That Can Complicate Grief
When the Going Gets Tough - Culivating Compassion in Health Care
Charlotte Liggett, MSN, MBA
Caring for the Caregivers: A Time to Heal
Sr. Ginny Silvestri, OSM
GriefWork: A National Servite Ministry of Compassion
Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
CHI Health St. Elizabeth
- The Advanced Burn Life Support Provider Course is an eight-hour course for physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, therapists, and paramedics.
- The course provides guidelines in the assessment and management of the burn patient during the first 24 hours post injury.
- Following a series of lectures, case studies are presented for group discussions.
- You will be given the opportunity to work with a simulated burn patient to reinforce the assessment, stabilization, and the American Burn Association transfer criteria to a Burn Center.
- Final testing consists of a written exam and a practical assessment return demonstration.
- CEUs provided by the American Burn Association: CME = 7.25 hours / CNE = 7.4 hours
Please register early as availability is limited. Register online or call 402-219-7000.
For more information, call Esther Rathjen at 402-219-7768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Responders Continuing Education
Continuing Education for Emergency Medical Services
We offer free, continuing education classes to emergency responders. The classes are held in the lower level of Saint Elizabeth at 555 South 70th Street. Attendees will receive two hours of state-approved EMS credits.
View the upcoming classes