Taking care of yourself
Once your baby is in your arms, you will experience care designed to make you feel comfortable. Our nursing staff will spoil your new baby while providing compassionate care to the most important people in your baby’s life—you, the parents. Through the years, we have learned that no two births are alike—every birth is a miracle.
- After your baby’s birth, we will help get you settled in your postpartum suite.
- A postpartum nurse will work with you, teaching you about caring for yourself, your physical well-being, nutrition, and postpartum adjustments.
- An infant care nurse will teach you about bathing, cord care, circumcision care, and feeding your baby.
- We encourage your newest family member to join you in your room as you continue to learn more about each other.
- “Quiet Time” is every day from 2:00-3:30 pm for parents to spend special time with their baby.
- We encourage you to continue to make decisions and be involved in your baby’s care.
- An easy-erase communication board called the Tree of Life, is in your room to share more information about you and your family.
During your stay:
- A lactation consultant is available to assist you in successful breastfeeding
- Professional photographs of your newborn can be taken by Charley’s Angels Premier Newborn Photography. To make an appointment call 402-219-7463.
- A complimentary bag and Lil’ Husker t-shirt for your baby.
- Computers are available by special request.
- A family kitchen is supplied with beverages and snacks.
- Watch the Newborn TV Channel, specially-developed by national experts. This helpful resource is available in your room 24/7 to help you learn more about parenting and infant care.
- Complete an application for your baby’s Social Security card.
- With your permission, Newspaper Birth Announcements will be forwarded to your local paper.