Continue Exercise Program
- Walking is encouraged. You may walk up and down stairs
- Plan to walk a short duration at least 4 days a week
- Perform light household duties as tolerated
- No strenuous exercise for one month
- As weight loss occurs, the capacity for exercise improves dramatically.
Tips for Sticking with the Exercise Program
- Look at exercise as medication – you need it to get healthy.
- Change your routine – don’t get bored.
- Find a buddy – a friend, family, neighbor to stay motivated
- Find your rhythm – use music, meditation to make exercise pleasant
- Identify what makes you give up – skipping during vacation, holidays, etc.
- Make a schedule to plan exercise and activity (3-5 times/week)
- Record Exercise Log – keeping track improves motivation
Keep Connected – Attend Support Group
- Attend Bariatric Patient Support Group or other support groups such as OverEaters Anonymous, etc.
- Studies show that people who attend regular support group have the best outcomes.
- Find a Buddy to stay connected with.