Basic Chocolate Smoothie Shake
1/4 cup Liquid (skim milk, almond milk, or soy milk)
1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (or add chocolate syrup to vanilla whey protein)
1/4 cup Frozen, Unsweetened Fruit (3 small Strawberries, 1/4 cup raspberries, etc.)
Note: If you use fresh fruit, add 1/4 cup ice.
- Add liquid to blender. Next add Chocolate whey protein powder, followed by your fruit of choice. Blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more liquid, water or ice.
Nutrition Facts (per 1/2 cup):
- 135 calories
- 22 grams Protein
- 11 grams carbohydrate
- 8 grams sugar
High Protein Oatmeal (Instant Oatmeal Packet)
1 packet instant oatmeal
2/3 cup skim milk, soy milk, almond milk
1 scoop Vanilla whey protein powder (or unflavored protein powder)
Cinnamon to taste, if desired
Use sugar substitute, if desired
- Empty 1 packet instant oats into a microwave-safe bowl. Add 2/3 cup skim milk/etc. and stir. Heat in microwave 1-2 minutes or until cereal begins to thicken. Carefully remove from microwave and allow to cool for 30 seconds to avoid clumping with protein powder (~ 140 degrees). Stir in 1 scoop Vanilla (or unflavored) whey protein powder.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- 180 calories
- 30 grams protein
- 19 grams carbohydrate
- 0 grams sugar
High Protein Jello Cubes
Use Sugar-Free Jell-O (4 serving package)
2 Scoops Vanilla whey protein powder (or unflavored whey protein powder)
1 box of Sugar-Free Jell-O (4 serving package)
2 cups (16 ounces) water
- Follow package directions for dissolving Jell-O in 1 cup of boiling water.
- After dissolving, set aside to cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, measure 1 cup of cold water.
- Add two scoops of Vanilla whey protein powder (or unflavored) to cold water, one scoop at a time, stirring slowing to dissolve.
- Stir cold water mixed protein into dissolved Jell-O.
- Chill quickly.
- The protein will settle somewhat to create a smooth cloud at the bottom. The taste and nutrition are unchanged.
Nutrition Facts (1/2 cup serving):
- 60 calories
- 11 grams protein
- 1.5 grams carbohydrate
- 1.5 grams sugar